The Mighty One, God the Lord,
speaks and summons the earth
from the rising of the sun to its setting.
Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty,
God shines forth.
3 Our God comes; he does not keep silence;
before him is a devouring fire,
around him a mighty tempest.
4 He calls to the heavens above
and to the earth, that he may judge his people:
5 “Gather to me my faithful ones,
who made a covenant with me by sacrifice!”
6 The heavens declare his righteousness,
for God himself is judge! Selah
7 “Hear, O my people, and I will speak;
O Israel, I will testify against you.
I am God, your God.
8 Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke you;
your burnt offerings are continually before me.
9 I will not accept a bull from your house
or goats from your folds.
10 For every beast of the forest is mine,
the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 I know all the birds of the hills,
and all that moves in the field is mine.
12 “If I were hungry, I would not tell you,
for the world and its fullness are mine.
13 Do I eat the flesh of bulls
or drink the blood of goats?
14 Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving,
and perform your vows to the Most High,
15 and call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”
16 But to the wicked God says:
“What right have you to recite my statutes
or take my covenant on your lips?
17 For you hate discipline,
and you cast my words behind you.
18 If you see a thief, you are pleased with him,
and you keep company with adulterers.
19 “You give your mouth free rein for evil,
and your tongue frames deceit.
20 You sit and speak against your brother;
you slander your own mother's son.
21 These things you have done, and I have been silent;
you thought that I was one like yourself.
But now I rebuke you and lay the charge before you.
22 “Mark this, then, you who forget God,
lest I tear you apart, and there be none to deliver!
23 The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me;
to one who orders his way rightly
I will show the salvation of God!”
We let Him judge People.
Rick Warren had a wonderful message on this.
Honesty. Instead of giving Him bull. Not the apparent goodness of nicey. Who you are in the five pounds - of - who you are. You are a soul, wrapped by a body. People lose five inexplicable pounds from life to death.
- The Day of Blessing - the Day of Trouble - Come from our Father God.
- Start your prayers with the Lord's Prayer. Ask in the name of Jesus. That's His advice.
- You are asking - His Will Be Done.
- Dig till you find out what your gratitude is. It's worth the effort
- Telling Him earnestly - there is a problem.
- Tell Him completely - this is what I want and why.
- Do His Word
- Tell Him you believe this day - IS Sufficient.
- Tell Him when your motives were not nice. Apologize. Tell Him when you fail. Apologize. Be Honest. Tell Him why. Ask for Help. Expect Help. Do not deliberately make messes for Him to clean up.
- Pray for the people who bless you.
- Pray for the people you don't know, who bless you - Like the Sam's Clerk - Light of God filled her face and she spoke - "Believe HE Is Making This Day Sufficient!"
- Don't beat yourself up when your thoughts stray. Pull Him into your thoughts. He just might be having a conversation with you about your deepest heart needs. He says Come to me and I give you Rest.
- Pray for the people who make you mad or hurt you. God says a man who loves the Lord eventually makes peace. Sometimes just for being polite enough to explain until common ground is made by God.
- Try not to harp on people. And be genuine.
- God said Be Light. Preach the Gospel, if you have to, use His Word. Jesus said it is written, He didn't pick up His Word and hammer.
Faith is that we Expect HIM to do what He tells us He will. Faith is diligent. Do not give up.
Having character. Having endurance. Being obedient to His Word.
- Jesus said be very patient and kind.
- When jealous or envious - tell Him. Ask for one similar. Be honest.
- Boastful or proud? Add salt. The Bible also suggests yeast - over the Top. Jesus used this humor.
- Haughty or selfish or rude. See the Lord's Prayer. Say that. Add your own conversation in.
- Love does not demand its own way. Reasonableness is - The Tree of Life puts out large branches, so the birds of the air can make nests in its shade.
- It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong. And will realistically discuss to determine solid ground. Only God is Omniscient.
- Rejoices whenever Truth wins
- You will be loyal to him no matter what the cost.The Gospels provide for Love oneself. Peace. And Return of Loyalty.
- Always believe in him, always expect the best of him. (Psalm 100 - for the Lord. Expect Him too)
- Always stand your ground in defending him.
- Love goes on forever. (Even the divorced ones who Love still do. Pray there.)
- Now we know so little, clearly God sees into our hearts right now.
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.
- There is One Who is Good.
- We love. Because He first Loved us.
- Jesus also said to us, we must always pray, and not give up.
- Three things that remain—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is Love.
Father God, be with us as we do these prayers. Help us do this prayer as the Body of Christ. We ask help for