1 Thessalonians 3:1-13
Therefore when we could bear it no longer, we were willing to be left behind at Athens alone, 2 and we sent Timothy, our brother and God's coworker in the gospel of Christ,
to establish and exhort you in your faith,
that no one be moved by these afflictions.
For you yourselves know that we are destined for this. 4 For when we were with you, we kept telling you beforehand that we were to suffer affliction, just as it has come to pass, and just as you know. 5 For this reason, when I could bear it no longer, I sent to learn about your faith, for fear that somehow the tempter had tempted you and our labor would be in vain.
6 But now that Timothy has come to us from you, and has brought us the good news of your faith and love and reported that you always remember us kindly and long to see us, as we long to see you— 7 for this reason, brothers and sisters, in all our distress and affliction we have been comforted about you through your faith. 8 For now we live, if you are standing fast in the Lord. 9 For what thanksgiving can we return to God for you, for all the joy that we feel for your sake before our God, 10 as we pray most earnestly night and day that we may see you face to face and supply what is lacking in your faith?
11 Now may our God and Father himself,
and our Lord Jesus,
direct our way to you, 12 and may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all,
as we do for you,
so that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father,
at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints.
James, the Brother of Jesus. The man who ate dinner with Jesus. Bothered Jesus sibling style. Goaded Jesus in life recorded in His Word. Lived to Love Jesus. James said this Word of God - We ask Father God to give wisdom. The result is - He will.
We want to say to Jesus when we arrived at our Heavenly Home ~ "I stood for Your Great Love, Jesus."
Our standard is Jesus.
He is the one to look for.
Would Jesus do this?
This is the frame of all reference.
And Easy to Remember.
1 .Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Our standard agrees with God's Word. God's Word stands very firm. God does not need our belief for God to be God.
2. We want to be in daily relationship with God and read His Word. Expecting His Word to make a difference in your heart. Spiritual roots. Prayer. Small group Bible Study recorded in Book of Acts - encouragement.
3. Open mind to God and His Will. Not our established pride.
Believing God would want to have a good plan for you. We ask God to be Open to Him. Give HIM time each day to let His truth soak in us and have truth established in our soul. More than emotion. To be like Jesus moving to Capernaum to be near the faithful.
3. Speak the Truth. God's way says follow Him.
4. Solely self or doing God's Will. He gets you out of trouble. He puts you on your path of His.
5. Do what is just and right in integrity. We put forth God's way and let Him decide the fate of the seed. God is sovereign.
6. This would please Jesus as His Child. Jesus called us His Beloved. When we trust God, His plan for for us is good.
7. Bring thoughts to Jesus. Pray constantly to be centered in Jesus, to please Jesus and in firm expectation that He is going to help.
8. Bitter, hurt, grudge envy and selfish ambition is not from God; creating a cold heart. Let it go. Avoid what isn't good for you. Like bad TV or fuzzy noise. Peace, loving, considerate, impartial and sincerity is from Jesus.
9. Record the truth. Write this down. Not to be choked out by the concerns, glories and riches of life. Be still to know God.
10. Trust God when we don't understand.
Father God, we just ask would this please God.
Asking Your blessings. Your forgiveness. Grace to others. God guide our nation, state, city. Our Church leaders. Our family. Our friends and loved ones. Help us best do Your will for our day and lives. Your mercies renew and repeat. Help our open minds see You at work, Father God.
Let us let go of distractions and trust in You, Father God.
Open our eyes each day to see Your blessings and remember the blessings. Let us live each day saying Give us this day. Knowing as we rest this evening - we did please You. In Jesus let Your Will be done. Amen.
♔ Lord Jesus Saves †