Reading Scripture helps us know God's Love. Every Bible verse is written for you. Jesus Christ is all mankind's Light. John 1!

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Joshua 1:6-8 ~ Be strong and courageous


When we go to Church - we see at the Center - the Cross. The Symbol Jesus has overcome death,  Jesus has Victory in overcoming the world - the Cost of God's Love for us. Personally and uniquely. This altar cloth is the people coming to Jesus The Lord.


Eyes on Jesus.


Joshua 1:6-8

"Be strong and courageous, for you shall give this people possession of the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 "Only be strong and very courageous; be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have success wherever you go. 8 "This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success."


Jesus kept on explaining Scripture of Ages and fulfilling all Scripture.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

How did Jesus do this? Overcoming. Working through things. Like His own Brothers being a work in process. Jesus allowing for the Journey.


2 Timothy 1
This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. 7For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

8 So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. And don’t be ashamed of me, either, even though I’m in prison for him. With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the sake of the Good News. 9 For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time—to show us his grace through Christ Jesus.


What did Jesus actually do to call mankind to Him in this life?

Galatians 5
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.



This is the definition of Jesus: The Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

The news shows we are in climate of work, fear, anger and war. God is not worried.

The Victory of Jesus had the Temple over run with around 1.2 million people according to the numbers historically (Josephus) of what the Temple held when this was called "multitudes." The Victory continues as more that a third of the World believes Jesus is the Lord. This has gone up from a hundred years ago. And has been the Great Commission for 2,000 years. Christianity is the World's Largest Belief.  The wild winds of life might howl - Jesus Christ is God and God is in Control. Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. Whoooooop.











Lately, I have been SURPRISED.
Surprised at the tone of people in fear. This  Supreme Court decision is not shocking, at all. We follow in the steps of mankind. Historically. Greece did this and so did Rome. Nero (54-68 A.D.) participated in same sex weddings and so did a Roman Emperor in the 3rd century. The Roman Republic existed from 500 B.C until 27 B.C. when Rome became highly militarized with General Gaius Marius (107–27 BC) (The Step Grandfather of Julius Caesar.) Then existed in The Roman Empire until 476 A.D.

Was this the end of Christianity when the pendulum swung to the unusual marriage laws of Caesar Augustus in 14 B.C.? Absolutely... NOT.











Fear because of...


Bullies - what do you do with them? Well in 1st grade I encountered a HUGE 3rd grader who lived on a rather steep hill. I weighed about 45 lbs and he probably weighed 90 lbs. And he liked to run at me with his stomach puffed up and knock me over and then knock me over and then knock me over. One day as he ran at me and I was seriously worried that I would die from falling down the hill, which looked huge to me at 45 lbs. (But I survived the one in France when I was 30 lbs. God builds us up.)

One day as this kid ran at me - I saw. This was an overweight kid. In a dirty shirt. With pain on his face as he rushed me. With his belly button revealed in a shirt that was too small for him. And as he ran at me, he reminded me of one of my friends. And I said to him in a coo voice, "I see your belly button, oh, yes, I do." He came to a dead stop. And he was puzzled what to do. He said, "I'm going to knock you down that hill." And I said in the same voice, from out of no where, "Nope, you aren't, because I get back up." And he said watch me and he proceeded to slowly knock me down the hill. With his stomach. And I wrapped my arms around him and said, "I guess you needed a hug and we are going to roll down that hill together." And I held on to him. Enfolded him. And he said, after about three minutes, in this bewildered tone, "This is odd." I said I guess you needed a hug and you are very huggable.

And he asked, "Am I?" I said, "Yes, you are good to hold." And we stood there. For probably 15 minutes. And his friend came out from the next door and said,"What are you doing?" With his face very surprised. My huggable Friend said, "I'm trying to knock her down the hill and she is hugging me." I said, "He is huggable."

And his friend said, "Shake her off and let's run her down the hill." He said very, very softly. "I don't want to." And I said equally as softly, "If you shake me off I will hug you again." And he said, "What about him?" Still softly. "Well, he has to get his own hugs." Really. Was the reply.

AND... we were IN MOTION SUDDENLY. Fast -  Bounced off and I had hurt feelings and my friend was running at me. He had pushed off and backed up by jogging backwards. He was running full tilt at me with a laughing bully to cheer him on. I felt like crying and was now in fear for the fast changing climate. And He ran at me and said softly, "Catch me. Only me." And I did what I was told, more out of fear. And he hugged me. And said, "RUN!" And I did and now I had a Huge Bully and a small bully chasing me. And as I got to the end of the hill - down barreled my Large Friend. I had made it,  I was free of the hill! And I turned and saw my Large Friend headed my way. Both of us were so glad and He got another hug.

The next day it was time to go home about dinner time and there was my Large Ex-bully Friend. Waiting to knock me down the hill by himself. And we had about four hugs of dodge the hill. And we got to the end of his yard (end of the hill) and I said," I think instead of running fast down the hill I will stand here and enjoy the view." And he said, "Oh damn, no. The small bully will see us." I said, "Well you'll have to shake me off." "Oh, crud." So we stood there and he said, "Ok, time for you to go on home now, I won't chase you down the hill, I almost slipped!" (That comment made me rather angry as the glee faded - no kidding the hill was a a little steep.)

And the next day it was two bullies, but the game had changed. This time my Large Friend ran to make sure he got the hug and the little bully had no space to tackle. Smaller bully whined. My Larger Friend said, "Get your own hugs."

And one day soon, my friend Nori's mom said, "What is this about the child next door knocking you down the hill?" Oh bravo, perfect timing. I needed you two or three weeks ago. So NOW, she was determined to stand there in her fierce apron and watch me hug My large friend. Up goes the apron to her eyes. Oh wow, Adult help. Cry. Great.

The next day, Nori's mom said, "That was the loveliest thing I ever saw. His mom makes him leave the house from 8 a.m. until dark, he has little food and no supervision." When we gathered a hug watching crowd, the event began to be OVER.










T.D. Jakes was interviewed by a regular, major network and asked about how he saw the new integration with GLT laws. I am surprised we are all still so surprised and upset about this. This was going to happen. T.D. Jakes said, "We now completely have our culture defined for us. We are not in a Christian Culture."

I loved the interviewer for the respect given to T.D. Jakes, saying T.D. Jakes makes many things understandable and good to know in the love of Jesus Christ.

Know the truth and the truth will set you free.

John 3:8
The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Acts 2:1-47
When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance. Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven.

And...this about direction and Jesus.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Jesus traveled by wind, He caught the wind and went across the Galilean Sea 3 times a day to see - sinners. His People.

God says we were born to do His Work. Know the climate - know the 1, 2, 3, 4th Century of why God is important to our lives and we do not hunker down in the fear of the culture and instead we say "JESUS goes where He is needed and Jesus Will Help You."

What is the Good News of Jesus saves the living and the Widow's Only Son?  "GOD has come to help His People."

Know the direction of God. T.D. Jakes continued, "We know know we exist as a Nation to protect individual rights and Christians will seek our rights under the Constitution."

"Churches, people, and individuals will do well to remain looking to Jesus to provide the doors of the Church to be open to the people of God. All People. Some Churches will be moderate, some conservative, some liberal and all individuals and their needs will be met in different aspects and blessings of God's Nature."

"We look to the Bible Believing Churches of Jesus to provide our Way, Truth and Life."


T.D. Jakes went on to say, " We know the Christian Church is slipping and that we are loosing numbers. We need our Churches to be welcoming to God's People." We need to do this personally and individually.


The WORD of GOD says the Body of Christ has many parts. We need to bring the Love Jesus has for us Forth. We do this because we all sit at a round table of God, we have talents, gifts and Love to see this issue differently and focus on Jesus. Father Brian pointed out WHY we WANT TO BRING JESUS FORTH FOR HIS GRACE - Because we have Children we want to fully know the Love of Jesus Christ and HIS SALVATION.









Why would we bother to give the Love Jesus Has? Because HIS LOVE fills US. GOD LOVES US FIRST AND PERFECTLY then we are blessed just to give a little bit back.

We can take all of our problems - make them into a pineapple and try to swallow that in just one bite. But Glory to God - Jesus gives us work to do and we do this - we take the work life gives us, we do the work with prayer and problem solving ability and prayer and prayer, and then we overcome. And then we say "WE DID IT! TADA!" And that overcoming gives us Hope, Character, Endurance, and FAITH. And in that LOVE, God says, "See you did shake in the bake and I Helped...!" AND when we have overcome that - God says with you - We got just a little bit stronger.

That is the way Life creates Hope, Faith and Love. And the greatest of these is Love and we GO FORTH WITH GOD.  That altar covering is saying - All the People Go Forth to See Jesus.  We can put down our worries and Cares - For GOD IS GOING TO KEEP CARING ABOUT US. Eyes on Jesus. Amen in Jesus for our loved ones, our families, our friends, our co-workers, Church, neighbors, State and Nation. Jesus has Overcome and Will and Will And WILL. OH Father God, Texas prays for a good few days of soaking rain and cooler temperatures if You will.  Amen in Jesus.


 

 ♔ Lord Jesus Saves





No comments:


Subscribe your email for Scripture for Today Blogspot

Subscribe your email for Scripture for Today Blogspot

Our Google Language Translator is located at the bottom of the page.



Nuestro Google Traductor del Idioma es ubicado en el pie de página.

हमारे गूगल भाषा अनुवादक पृष्ठ के तल पर स्थित है.


Наш язык переводчик Google находится в нижней части страницы

は、Googleの言語の翻訳は、ページの下部に位置しています。


Το Google μας Language Translator βρίσκεται στο κάτω μέρος της σελίδας.

我们的谷歌语言翻译是位于页面底部。


우리의 구글 언어 번역기는 페이지의 하단에 위치하고 있습니다.

About scripture-for-today.blogspot.com/

We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He has saved all who call upon His name and rely on Him for His Grace. The Scriptures are living & active and are for understanding the Lord Almighty. Biblical readings are chosen from the Ecumenical Christian Church and the Nicene Council, 325 A.D., approved Apocrypha. People remember not just from reading, but by sight and orally- an image has been added as well as audio readings. God tends to link the passages together with fascinates - this blogger, Anne-Laurel Gardere

A simple blog, scripture-for-today.blogspot

This blog is pretty simple, but for a reason. This blog isn't about agenda or me, it is for the joy and love to found by reading the Scriptures. Ultimately, it is you and the Lord.

The Scriptures are Father God's letter to you. He wanted you to know more, to know He loves you.

Thanks for Joining us today!!!


Google Views are not availabile and stopped about 2015 at 8.4 Million Readers. All counters count differently

http://scripture-for-today.blogspot.com.pagesstudy.com/

2015
Alexa ranks the World ranking

Global Rank:
6,017,777

Reach Rank:
5,197,729



Search This Blog ~ http://scripture-for-today.blogspot.com/ - Results will be at the Top

About Me

My photo
Email registry at bottom.! “All Scripture is inspired by God” (2 Timothy 3:16). Men “moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God” (2 Peter 1:21). The Holy Spirit carried men along, moving and guiding them as they wrote in their own words what God wanted them to say. The Bible is unique; comprised of 80 separate books, & written over a period of thousands of years by more than 40 writers with one Author, spanning the centuries, different states of peace & war & different situations in life. The Bible answers the question: of who is God, who is man & what can their relationship can be. Although the Bible was written on perishable material and copied by hand for many centuries, its accuracy is not in doubt, proven by Dead Sea Scrolls and papyrus from 2,000 years. The Bible has survived persecution & criticism to be read with great interest in each generation. The Bible gives witness to the greatness of the Creator. A loving Father concerned for all of his creation. With each verse of the bible witnessing to God is love and the multitude & vastness of His attributes. The Bible was written for you. <><

Share the artist's name!

Share the artist's name!
Jesus, the Good Shepherd. If you see a painting or photo on this blog, know who the artist is, and I didn't, please email me: holdenll@hotmail.com



New Posts by Subject Matter

Overcoming



The World Changed Rapidly after the first Easter

Our God of All





Posts by Subject Matter





Blessings, Anne-Laurel





Who Jesus Is
1 Timothy 1:1-11 ~ God our Savior, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope
Matthew 16:13-20 ~ who do people say the Son of Man is?

Good News for us to remember and Think Upon
Animals are found in Heaven ~ 6 Prophets See Animals in Heaven

Anger, Jealousy=Trouble




The Bible explains the Bible, Prophetically

Bible - in your hand, today

Bible Accuracy



Blessing







Blessing our Father God

Blessing - unaware

Boundaries

Brothers
Christmas - His Word Upholds the Universe - December 25th


Psalm 135 ~ who is in your midst
John 1:1-14, 16, 29-51 ~ He was in the world

Details - Putting it all together and discovering it is about God

Psalm 108 ~ In triumph I will parcel out Shechem

Determine your own path, just love Him

Judges 16 ~ like any other man
John 4:43-54 ~ Doing what Jesus says


Earthquake

Every Day, Still Today
Today, Yesterday, Tomorrow


Exodus - History












Heavenly Hosts
His Messengers of Light












Elements of Nature Displaying HIS Glory
Exodus 40:16-38 ~ In the first month in the second year, on the first day of the month, the tabernacle was erected.

I Decide What is Right and Wrong - God noticed this in the Garden of Eden from Eve

Individualism and Groups

It's the End of the World as We Know it, And I Feel Fine. (One of our most read posts.)
Grandpa - The Bible is Really the Life Story of People and
their Abba









Gates of Heaven


Gifts of God, all of us


Giving - God certainly is





























Glory


God sees His Creation as Good!!!


Gravity






















Good Friday

Gossip

Gratitude

Greatest

Grief, Forgiveness, Homecoming


Hated Emotion - Fear




































History - Is There History Showing Jesus was Alive - VERY EXTENSIVE HISTORY

Holiness


Holy Spirit ~ Manifestations

Homeward Bound, still a sojourner

Honey, Do this

Invitation
John 3:31-36 ~ that God is true

Israel - Destroyed Completely and Rebuilt. A sign of Jesus. Existing today.

Jesus clearly put a Foundation for His Resurrection to be Believed by the Multitudes of all of Israel and the Nations

Jesus and His Childhood Privacy
Nazareth - What Jesus did See Growing Up

John the Beloved Disciple


The Journey of Joseph


























Live It
Psalm 117 ~ Praise the Lord
Psalm 82 ~ rescue the weak and the needy
2 Samuel 4:1-12 ~ David answered
Hebrews 12 ~ Thankful
Psalm 31:3-8,17-21 ~ Thou hast redeemed me
Isaiah 40:1-11 ~ His reward is with Him
Matthew 13:31-32 ~ the birds of the air come and perch in its branches
Matthew 6:25-34 ~ your heavenly Father knows that you need
Luke 11:29-32 ~ Rise up
Psalm 126 ~ shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves
Luke 14:15-24 ~ there is still room
Joshua 1:1-9 ~ I am giving
Acts 5 ~ speak in the name of Jesus
John 1 ~ the Light shines
John 3:5-8 ~ born again
~ they went on from there and passed through Galilee
Judges 20 ~ Israel

Losing a Loved One - Passing ON

Revelation 21:22-27 ~ those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life

Not Being Tossed Back and Forth with Emotion
Ephesians 4 ~ speaking the truth in Love

Marriage
Romans 7:1-12 ~ bear fruit for God
1 Corinthians 7 ~ For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband
Genesis 37:12-24 ~ when Reuben
Psalm 143 ~ Your steadfast love
Psalm 86 ~ For great is your steadfast love

Media... taking it down the path
1 Corinthians 10 ~ Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God





Mercy, an Inseparable Component of Truth
Matthew 23:23-26 ~ clean
1 Samuel 12 ~ serve the Lord with all your heart
Matthew 22:34-40 ~ The great and first commandment. And a second is like it

Miscellaneous
Job 38 ~ Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
Psalm 19 ~ the heavens declare the glory of God
2 Kings 5:1-15 ~ a mighty man of valor, but he was a leper
1 Chronicles 13 ~ the Lord blessed the household of Obed-edom










Peace




Pharisee ~ Religion
Luke 11:42-46 ~ Woe to you Pharisees!


Pictorial Images of the 12 Tribes of Israel








Picture It


















Overcoming, with God's help!


Positive Attitude in Trouble




Prophets - the Law and the Old Men in Robes or People who Love the Lord. Flaws and Virtues. What They Sought in the Lord and What Drew Them to Him.



Praise



























Prayer

Psalm 91 ~ Prayer is always heard, God has an open door policy



Prayer Needs




Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words

Promises

Prosperity Gospel











Repeat and Repeat







Rest

Restore

Revelation 8:2
Seven Angels who stand before God

Revisionist History - Moses and Jeremiah said
there would be days like this
Deuteronomy 8
Jeremiah 23


Rock


SALVATION! What is needed?

Science - Blinded me - No - He Who Opens the Eyes of the Blind - With Science!!!

Second (3rd or 4th) Rate Seventh Level of Heaven

Seventh Level of Heaven







Shepherd

Smile!



Time Management





Life and Travels of Paul

Shroud

Transfiguration



True
The World Changed Rapidly after the first Easter



Trust Him

Uncomfortable Scripture

Video Game Player

Visual







Who is like our God?

Willingly

Works and Grace
Mark 1:4-11 ~ You are my beloved Son; with You I am well pleased

Worry

Wrathful, Nasty Old God from the Old Testament

Yahweh




Years - Thousands of Them are Yesterday in His Sight


80 Books of the Bible
Holy Spirit Approved by the First Council Nicaea and St. Nicholas
Included by the Essenes in the Dead Sea Scrolls
Today included by the Catholic Church
God wants to save the world.
The Apocrypha has Purpose; other cultures blend here.





Popular Posts

Pages

Web Crawler Reference Words

Reading Scripture helps us know God's Love. Every Bible verse is written for you. Jesus Christ is all mankind's Light. John 1!

Jesus is LORD. Read your Bible Daily. Scripture for Today. Reading the Scriptures helps us know God's love. Every verse of the Bible is written for you.

God's mission is to save the world. He is recognized by His Love. God of Love. God of encouragement. Christianity, Bible, Bible Daily, Scripture, Messiah, Prayer, Faith, Hope, Love, Miracles.Jesus

Blog Archive