38 And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.
What is to like about doing the Lord's Will.
1. Mary had support. She had seen and heard of Zechariah. Father God prepared her.
2. In being prepared, Mary had a pleasing heart and pleasing words for God's Plan.
3. Mary was brave. She went apparently unaccompanied 70 miles to the home of Elizabeth and Zechariah.
4. God granted her a place of rest, as events began to be determined.
5. God softened the heart of Joseph. Mary, again, was teamed in ministry.
6. Mary was put with Joseph, who knew He works for The Lord God and did difficult life decisions.
7. The fruit of Mary's life, the congruent family of Mary and Joseph in their lives and community tells us Jesus was growing in wisdom through these years.
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
God is our Father. We can rest on Father God.
Father God, I have had the worst day. My mother is suddenly ill. My brother is far away and I will need surgery tomorrow. Thank You God for the family that steps in to help my mother. Bless us with good health, care and assistance. Bless the care givers for my mother. Thank you for Edward and my sons giving advice. Help us live each day to please you and end well. Thank You we Trust in You.
We lift up our family, loved ones, people we pray for, all our concerns. Our Churches, Communities, Nation and the people all over the world calling upon Jesus. We ask His blessing, care and concern. Thanks be to God for Jesus. Amen.
♔ Lord Jesus Saves! †