Reading Scripture helps us know God's Love. Every Bible verse is written for you. Jesus Christ is all mankind's Light. John 1!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Genesis 1:1-45 ~ your soul may bless me +




Genesis 1:1-45



When Isaac was old and his eyes were dim so that he could not see, he called Esau his older son and said to him, “My son”; and he answered, “Here I am.” 2 He said, “Behold, I am old; I do not know the day of my death. 3 Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me, 4 and prepare for me delicious food, such as I love, and bring it to me so that I may eat, that my soul may bless you before I die.”


5 Now Rebekah was listening when Isaac spoke to his son Esau. So when Esau went to the field to hunt for game and bring it, 6 Rebekah said to her son Jacob, “I heard your father speak to your brother Esau, 7 ‘Bring me game and prepare for me delicious food, that I may eat it and bless you before the Lord before I die.’ 8 Now therefore, my son, obey my voice as I command you. 9 Go to the flock and bring me two good young goats, so that I may prepare from them delicious food for your father, such as he loves. 10 And you shall bring it to your father to eat, so that he may bless you before he dies.” 


11 But Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, “Behold, my brother Esau is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man. 12 Perhaps my father will feel me, and I shall seem to be mocking him and bring a curse upon myself and not a blessing.” 

13 His mother said to him, “Let your curse be on me, my son; only obey my voice, and go, bring them to me.”

14 So he went and took them and brought them to his mother, and his mother prepared delicious food, such as his father loved. 15 Then Rebekah took the best garments of Esau her older son, which were with her in the house, and put them on Jacob her younger son. 16 And the skins of the young goats she put on his hands and on the smooth part of his neck. 17 And she put the delicious food and the bread, which she had prepared, into the hand of her son Jacob.


18 So he went in to his father and said, “My father.” And he said, “Here I am. Who are you, my son?” 


19 Jacob said to his father, “I am Esau your firstborn. I have done as you told me; now sit up and eat of my game, that your soul may bless me.” 

20 But Isaac said to his son, “How is it that you have found it so quickly, my son?” 

He answered, “Because the Lord your God granted me success.” 

21 Then Isaac said to Jacob, “Please come near, that I may feel you, my son, to know whether you are really my son Esau or not.” 22 So Jacob went near to Isaac his father, who felt him and said, “The voice is Jacob's voice, but the hands are the hands of Esau.” 23 And he did not recognize him, because his hands were hairy like his brother Esau's hands. So he blessed him. 24 He said, “Are you really my son Esau?” 

He answered, “I am.” 

25 Then he said, “Bring it near to me, that I may eat of my son's game and bless you.” So he brought it near to him, and he ate; and he brought him wine, and he drank.

26 Then his father Isaac said to him, “Come near and kiss me, my son.” 27 So he came near and kissed him. And Isaac smelled the smell of his garments and blessed him and said,


“See, the smell of my son

is as the smell of a field that the Lord has blessed!
28 May God give you of the dew of heaven
and of the fatness of the earth
and plenty of grain and wine.
29 Let peoples serve you,
and nations bow down to you.
Be lord over your brothers,
and may your mother's sons bow down to you.
Cursed be everyone who curses you,
and blessed be everyone who blesses you!”

30 As soon as Isaac had finished blessing Jacob, when Jacob had scarcely gone out from the presence of Isaac his father, Esau his brother came in from his hunting. 31 He also prepared delicious food and brought it to his father. And he said to his father, “Let my father arise and eat of his son's game, that you may bless me.” 


32 His father Isaac said to him, “Who are you?” 

He answered, “I am your son, your firstborn, Esau.” 

33 Then Isaac trembled very violently and said, “Who was it then that hunted game and brought it to me, and I ate it all before you came, and I have blessed him? Yes, and he shall be blessed.” 

34 As soon as Esau heard the words of his father, he cried out with an exceedingly great and bitter cry and said to his father, “Bless me, even me also, O my father!” 

35 But he said, “Your brother came deceitfully, and he has taken away your blessing.”

 36 Esau said, “Is he not rightly named Jacob?[Genesis 27:36 Jacob means He takes by the heel, or He cheats] For he has cheated me these two times. He took away my birthright, and behold, now he has taken away my blessing.” Then he said, “Have you not reserved a blessing for me?” 


37 Isaac answered and said to Esau, “Behold, I have made him lord over you, and all his brothers I have given to him for servants, and with grain and wine I have sustained him. What then can I do for you, my son?” 

38 Esau said to his father, “Have you but one blessing, my father? Bless me, even me also, O my father.” And Esau lifted up his voice and wept.

39 Then Isaac his father answered and said to him:


“Behold, away from the fatness of the earth shall your dwelling be,

and away from the dew of heaven on high.
40 By your sword you shall live,
and you shall serve your brother;
but when you grow restless
you shall break his yoke from your neck.”

41 Now Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing with which his father had blessed him, and Esau said to himself, “The days of mourning for my father are approaching; then I will kill my brother Jacob.” 


42 But the words of Esau her older son were told to Rebekah. So she sent and called Jacob her younger son and said to him, “Behold, your brother Esau comforts himself about you by planning to kill you. 43 Now therefore, my son, obey my voice. Arise, flee to Laban my brother in Haran 44 and stay with him a while, until your brother's fury turns away— 45 until your brother's anger turns away from you, and he forgets what you have done to him. Then I will send and bring you from there. Why should I be bereft of you both in one day?”





We could follow this very laden Word of God many, many, many directions.

Isaac is a Saint of God. Handling Abraham's Blessings with Yar - Trepidation and Reverence for the Word, Holiness and Power of God. Spiritually blind because Isaac believes God is limited, Jacob believes God is able to multiply blessings.

Malachi 3:10
Says the LORD of hosts, See if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.





A year ago a movie came out about Mother Theresa. She had kept a Journal speaking to the Lord of her doubts. Hateful of a jealous believer to taint the good done by Mother Theresa, I felt so sorrowful, I skimmed the letters and refused, always, to see the movie. There is a balance to live a good life and do good works captivating the godly to propel them upward. And then in the spotlight moves becoming appearances, which cuts off the sincerity most people need to relate to God - who sees our flaws. Loving earnestly over friendship with the world.

The Bible is easy to read with any real interest sparking us along. The saints are palatable and create hope for our own inner honesty. If God can tolerate a silly goose like Isaac and remember him with such love to give him a long, long life after this sad story - then perhaps there is hope ... for you and me.

A point to ponder when we all loved Mother Theresa and her need to have her place among the world - to inspire more. There is good reason God says He assigns mankind work to believe God. Rebekah earns her place giving God the 'business'.

If God looked like Humphrey Bogart - He surely would remember this day with a sardonic shake of His Head and a Majestic Chuckle.

We should stop and consider Esau. He forgave Jacob whole heartedly. And in that forgiveness, Esau seems to have a good life. When was Esau's blessing taken? When he willingly gave the words to release the blessing to Jacob. Esau simply was not interested in God - very much apparently. The Words of God came true. Of course. Down the generations. And we can see that makes sense. More important are the people who want some of God with a cry in their voice. God bless them, Jesus love them, Jesus bring them forth in His Glory! I guess we all know a few Esau - and the purpose of prayer is bringing them closer to that day they wanted the blessing.






http://www.hopepointe.org/sermons/2017/1/22/living-together-in-the-goodness-of-god

Bishop Clark's good sermon today - God sees us as we are. Psalm 100 tells us we are His and this is God who made us, and not we ourselves.







We always seem to focus on Esau as being so fixated on food - surely this was in the family. This group of people, family, war and live together. All in serious nearness to the Living God.... The New Testament assures us - we all have this proximity with faith. The exact same access.




Isaac is sure he understands God. And has a streak of sheer mercilessness. Which carries over into Esau - bragging about killing. Rebekah is not about to let God triumph in His birth order, she will 'fix' "God". Jacob is urged by his authority to buck authority. And in this chaos, the dynamics we would never hope to see in our family - and relate some to total flesh and not Spirit - We see Triumph. God interweaves the faithful - making Good - bringing His Plan forth.

We all get this choice. To see God as Good and be as open as He really is - or we can go selfish like Esau - and plan to kill.

We can trust God to be Good and fix what we cannot - or we can  plot, plot, plot like Rebekah who was going to tell God how to get this done. Did God need the help of Rebekah to bless Jacob??? Really, God blesses those He Wills to Bless.










David's father Jesse and the sons were content, on the day Samuel called, to leave working David away from the Blessings. And David was more like Jacob, Israel, believing God is Willing. The Goodness and the Joy and the Parenting of a Joyful Father. Makes me have misty eyes to contemplate the Joy of God Willing to Bless. David never felt a need to steal a blessing. David simply went to the Good, Good Father God Almighty and said, "Please use Your goodness to help me, I am trying, please. I leave the answer with You."


Saints are sinners.
Saints have all kinds of flaws. David worked for the nations surrounding Israel and took lives in acts he was paid as a mercenary marauder. That's a little bit astonishing. A vigilante.

Saints are Saints.
When David was blessed, David's blessing poured and poured out Blessings. When Jacob was blessed, Jacob poured and poured out Blessings. David and Jacob encouraged the faithful.

We seem to think a saint shouldn't have flaws. This is simply not possible. The Bible would be difficult to read if we could not relate to the common struggles God brings ~~~~,  :) , with total willingness. to have faith overcome.





Father God,

Romans 1 tells us we know the Majesty of God. Help us to bring the words of our mouth, the meditations of our heart to believing all Your Kingdom, Power and Glory making all things work together for good - joyously possible for bringing Your Good Will forth to the earth.

Father God, we all have prayer requests. We pray not just for life and health - we pray for blessings to overcome ill health. We pray Jesus as Abundant Life to overcome even aches and pains. Drawing a Blessing today, saving us from health upsets tomorrow. Seeing Rebekah draw fire upon herself. We pray for Your Willing Blessings to establish us in good paths.

On Your Path, help us to do Your good works. To be aware of what You have placed around us. And to have Your blessing and protection.

We take a moment to find the miracle the faithful have all seen in their lives. To recall, not an old story, to rejoice in the Living God. Abundant God. We thank You again with our souls and hearts. Bless us not to overlook Your Majesty again.

Recall with supreme Joy when Father God saved you from trouble and gave you another encouragement to endure, to hope and overcome.

Your Word Father says to rejoice in suffering - rejoicing the Word of God - triumphs - Jesus living in us - helps us to have this within us. Abiding in the Word of God. The parables tell us life has seasons - let's remember we are here today - because of the Grace of God, grace upon grace.

Father, You tell us we cannot give a gift You have not given us first. We give thanks our salvation comes purely and simply from Your Call to us. Thank You for calling me to Life Abba and Jesus Christ in the Power of the Holy Spirit. We lift those we love and have been given to us by You (Esau and otherwise) and see Your Blessings. Praying earnestly for this assurance as we Abide in Your Word. Father I give thanks for the good our Nation has prayed about. Thank You God for the prayers of the faithful blessing the faithful. Jesus the Lord, our Alleluia. Amen.






♔ Lord Jesus Saves †








No comments:


Subscribe your email for Scripture for Today Blogspot

Subscribe your email for Scripture for Today Blogspot

Our Google Language Translator is located at the bottom of the page.



Nuestro Google Traductor del Idioma es ubicado en el pie de página.

हमारे गूगल भाषा अनुवादक पृष्ठ के तल पर स्थित है.


Наш язык переводчик Google находится в нижней части страницы

は、Googleの言語の翻訳は、ページの下部に位置しています。


Το Google μας Language Translator βρίσκεται στο κάτω μέρος της σελίδας.

我们的谷歌语言翻译是位于页面底部。


우리의 구글 언어 번역기는 페이지의 하단에 위치하고 있습니다.

About scripture-for-today.blogspot.com/

We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He has saved all who call upon His name and rely on Him for His Grace. The Scriptures are living & active and are for understanding the Lord Almighty. Biblical readings are chosen from the Ecumenical Christian Church and the Nicene Council, 325 A.D., approved Apocrypha. People remember not just from reading, but by sight and orally- an image has been added as well as audio readings. God tends to link the passages together with fascinates - this blogger, Anne-Laurel Gardere

A simple blog, scripture-for-today.blogspot

This blog is pretty simple, but for a reason. This blog isn't about agenda or me, it is for the joy and love to found by reading the Scriptures. Ultimately, it is you and the Lord.

The Scriptures are Father God's letter to you. He wanted you to know more, to know He loves you.

Thanks for Joining us today!!!


Google Views are not availabile and stopped about 2015 at 8.4 Million Readers. All counters count differently

http://scripture-for-today.blogspot.com.pagesstudy.com/

2015
Alexa ranks the World ranking

Global Rank:
6,017,777

Reach Rank:
5,197,729



Search This Blog ~ http://scripture-for-today.blogspot.com/ - Results will be at the Top

About Me

My photo
Email registry at bottom.! “All Scripture is inspired by God” (2 Timothy 3:16). Men “moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God” (2 Peter 1:21). The Holy Spirit carried men along, moving and guiding them as they wrote in their own words what God wanted them to say. The Bible is unique; comprised of 80 separate books, & written over a period of thousands of years by more than 40 writers with one Author, spanning the centuries, different states of peace & war & different situations in life. The Bible answers the question: of who is God, who is man & what can their relationship can be. Although the Bible was written on perishable material and copied by hand for many centuries, its accuracy is not in doubt, proven by Dead Sea Scrolls and papyrus from 2,000 years. The Bible has survived persecution & criticism to be read with great interest in each generation. The Bible gives witness to the greatness of the Creator. A loving Father concerned for all of his creation. With each verse of the bible witnessing to God is love and the multitude & vastness of His attributes. The Bible was written for you. <><

Share the artist's name!

Share the artist's name!
Jesus, the Good Shepherd. If you see a painting or photo on this blog, know who the artist is, and I didn't, please email me: holdenll@hotmail.com



New Posts by Subject Matter

Overcoming



The World Changed Rapidly after the first Easter

Our God of All





Posts by Subject Matter





Blessings, Anne-Laurel





Who Jesus Is
1 Timothy 1:1-11 ~ God our Savior, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope
Matthew 16:13-20 ~ who do people say the Son of Man is?

Good News for us to remember and Think Upon
Animals are found in Heaven ~ 6 Prophets See Animals in Heaven

Anger, Jealousy=Trouble




The Bible explains the Bible, Prophetically

Bible - in your hand, today

Bible Accuracy



Blessing







Blessing our Father God

Blessing - unaware

Boundaries

Brothers
Christmas - His Word Upholds the Universe - December 25th


Psalm 135 ~ who is in your midst
John 1:1-14, 16, 29-51 ~ He was in the world

Details - Putting it all together and discovering it is about God

Psalm 108 ~ In triumph I will parcel out Shechem

Determine your own path, just love Him

Judges 16 ~ like any other man
John 4:43-54 ~ Doing what Jesus says


Earthquake

Every Day, Still Today
Today, Yesterday, Tomorrow


Exodus - History












Heavenly Hosts
His Messengers of Light












Elements of Nature Displaying HIS Glory
Exodus 40:16-38 ~ In the first month in the second year, on the first day of the month, the tabernacle was erected.

I Decide What is Right and Wrong - God noticed this in the Garden of Eden from Eve

Individualism and Groups

It's the End of the World as We Know it, And I Feel Fine. (One of our most read posts.)
Grandpa - The Bible is Really the Life Story of People and
their Abba









Gates of Heaven


Gifts of God, all of us


Giving - God certainly is





























Glory


God sees His Creation as Good!!!


Gravity






















Good Friday

Gossip

Gratitude

Greatest

Grief, Forgiveness, Homecoming


Hated Emotion - Fear




































History - Is There History Showing Jesus was Alive - VERY EXTENSIVE HISTORY

Holiness


Holy Spirit ~ Manifestations

Homeward Bound, still a sojourner

Honey, Do this

Invitation
John 3:31-36 ~ that God is true

Israel - Destroyed Completely and Rebuilt. A sign of Jesus. Existing today.

Jesus clearly put a Foundation for His Resurrection to be Believed by the Multitudes of all of Israel and the Nations

Jesus and His Childhood Privacy
Nazareth - What Jesus did See Growing Up

John the Beloved Disciple


The Journey of Joseph


























Live It
Psalm 117 ~ Praise the Lord
Psalm 82 ~ rescue the weak and the needy
2 Samuel 4:1-12 ~ David answered
Hebrews 12 ~ Thankful
Psalm 31:3-8,17-21 ~ Thou hast redeemed me
Isaiah 40:1-11 ~ His reward is with Him
Matthew 13:31-32 ~ the birds of the air come and perch in its branches
Matthew 6:25-34 ~ your heavenly Father knows that you need
Luke 11:29-32 ~ Rise up
Psalm 126 ~ shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves
Luke 14:15-24 ~ there is still room
Joshua 1:1-9 ~ I am giving
Acts 5 ~ speak in the name of Jesus
John 1 ~ the Light shines
John 3:5-8 ~ born again
~ they went on from there and passed through Galilee
Judges 20 ~ Israel

Losing a Loved One - Passing ON

Revelation 21:22-27 ~ those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life

Not Being Tossed Back and Forth with Emotion
Ephesians 4 ~ speaking the truth in Love

Marriage
Romans 7:1-12 ~ bear fruit for God
1 Corinthians 7 ~ For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband
Genesis 37:12-24 ~ when Reuben
Psalm 143 ~ Your steadfast love
Psalm 86 ~ For great is your steadfast love

Media... taking it down the path
1 Corinthians 10 ~ Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God





Mercy, an Inseparable Component of Truth
Matthew 23:23-26 ~ clean
1 Samuel 12 ~ serve the Lord with all your heart
Matthew 22:34-40 ~ The great and first commandment. And a second is like it

Miscellaneous
Job 38 ~ Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
Psalm 19 ~ the heavens declare the glory of God
2 Kings 5:1-15 ~ a mighty man of valor, but he was a leper
1 Chronicles 13 ~ the Lord blessed the household of Obed-edom










Peace




Pharisee ~ Religion
Luke 11:42-46 ~ Woe to you Pharisees!


Pictorial Images of the 12 Tribes of Israel








Picture It


















Overcoming, with God's help!


Positive Attitude in Trouble




Prophets - the Law and the Old Men in Robes or People who Love the Lord. Flaws and Virtues. What They Sought in the Lord and What Drew Them to Him.



Praise



























Prayer

Psalm 91 ~ Prayer is always heard, God has an open door policy



Prayer Needs




Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words

Promises

Prosperity Gospel











Repeat and Repeat







Rest

Restore

Revelation 8:2
Seven Angels who stand before God

Revisionist History - Moses and Jeremiah said
there would be days like this
Deuteronomy 8
Jeremiah 23


Rock


SALVATION! What is needed?

Science - Blinded me - No - He Who Opens the Eyes of the Blind - With Science!!!

Second (3rd or 4th) Rate Seventh Level of Heaven

Seventh Level of Heaven







Shepherd

Smile!



Time Management





Life and Travels of Paul

Shroud

Transfiguration



True
The World Changed Rapidly after the first Easter



Trust Him

Uncomfortable Scripture

Video Game Player

Visual







Who is like our God?

Willingly

Works and Grace
Mark 1:4-11 ~ You are my beloved Son; with You I am well pleased

Worry

Wrathful, Nasty Old God from the Old Testament

Yahweh




Years - Thousands of Them are Yesterday in His Sight


80 Books of the Bible
Holy Spirit Approved by the First Council Nicaea and St. Nicholas
Included by the Essenes in the Dead Sea Scrolls
Today included by the Catholic Church
God wants to save the world.
The Apocrypha has Purpose; other cultures blend here.





Popular Posts

Pages

Web Crawler Reference Words

Reading Scripture helps us know God's Love. Every Bible verse is written for you. Jesus Christ is all mankind's Light. John 1!

Jesus is LORD. Read your Bible Daily. Scripture for Today. Reading the Scriptures helps us know God's love. Every verse of the Bible is written for you.

God's mission is to save the world. He is recognized by His Love. God of Love. God of encouragement. Christianity, Bible, Bible Daily, Scripture, Messiah, Prayer, Faith, Hope, Love, Miracles.Jesus

Blog Archive