Painting by James Tissot
1 A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet, according to Shigionoth.
2 O LORD, I have heard the report of you, and your work, O LORD, do I fear. In the midst of the years revive it; in the midst of the years make it known; in wrath remember mercy.
3 God came from Teman, and the Holy One from Mount Paran. His splendor covered the heavens, and the earth was full of his praise. Selah
4 His brightness was like the light; rays flashed from his hand; and there he veiled his power.
5 Before him went pestilence, and plague followed at his heels.
6 He stood and measured the earth; he looked and shook the nations; then the eternal mountains were scattered; the everlasting hills sank low. His were the everlasting ways.
7 I saw the tents of Cushan in affliction; the curtains of the land of Midian did tremble.
8 Was your wrath against the rivers, O LORD?
Was your anger against the rivers, or your indignation against the sea, when you rode on your horses, on your chariot of salvation?
9 You stripped the sheath from your bow, calling for many arrows. Selah
You split the earth with rivers.
10 The mountains saw you and writhed; the raging waters swept on; the deep gave forth its voice; it lifted its hands on high.
11 The sun and moon stood still in their place at the light of your arrows as they sped, at the flash of your glittering spear.
12 You marched through the earth in fury; you threshed the nations in anger.
13 You went out for the salvation of your people, for the salvation of your anointed. You crushed the head of the house of the wicked, laying him bare from thigh to neck. Selah
14 You pierced with his own arrows the heads of his warriors, who came like a whirlwind to scatter me, rejoicing as if to devour the poor in secret.
15 You trampled the sea with your horses, the surging of mighty waters.
16 I hear, and my body trembles; my lips quiver at the sound; rottenness enters into my bones; my legs tremble beneath me. Yet I will quietly wait for the day of trouble to come upon people who invade us.
17 Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places.To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments.
Father God is the same Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. When Jesus was born, He went to Egypt - God was not finished calling His Son from Egypt or discussing the Works of God in the Exodus. John 5 - Jesus is condemned by the Pharisees for providing His own Testimony - something Jesus is surely capable to provide.
Here Habakkuk is clearly skipping through time and space - time is not a cage to God. And recalling Numbers 12. Habakkuk clearly demonstrates himself to be a lesser prophet and this appears to be fine with Habakkuk to recall the Glory of God - Today.
3 Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all people who were on the face of the earth. 4 And suddenly the Lord said to Moses and to Aaron and Miriam, “Come out, you three, to the tent of meeting.” And the three of them came out. 5 And the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud and stood at the entrance of the tent and called Aaron and Miriam, and they both came forward. 6 And he said, “Hear my words: If there is a prophet among you, I the Lord make myself known to him in a vision; I speak with him in a dream. 7 Not so with my servant Moses. He is faithful in all my house. 8 With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in riddles, and he beholds the form of the Lord.
Perhaps what has appealed to God, in Habakkuk, is his humility. Moses is so humble - today people have to search finding the outcome for the sons of Moses.
Did Moses clearly see Jesus? What did Moses have to say about Jesus?
1. Genesis 3:15.....Seed of a woman (virgin birth).....Luke 1:35, Matthew 1:18-20
2. Genesis 3:15.....He will bruise Satan's head.....Hebrews 2:14, 1 John 3:8
3. Genesis 5:24....The bodily ascension to heaven illustrated....Mark 6:19
4. Genesis 9:26-27...The God of Shem will be the Son of Shem...Luke 3:36
5. Genesis 12:3...As Abraham's seed, will bless all nations...Acts 3:25,26
6. Genesis 12:7...The The Promise made made to Abraham's Seed...Galatians 3:16
7. Genesis 14:18...A priest after Melchizedek...Hebrews 6:20
8. Genesis 14:18........A King also........Hebrews 7:2
9. Genesis 14:18...The Last Supper foreshadowed...Matthew 26:26-29
10. Genesis 17:19.......The Seed of Isaac.......Romans. 9:7
11. Genesis 21:12 …Seed of Isaac…Romans 9:7, Hebrews 11:18
12. Genesis 22:8...The Lamb of God promised...John 1:29
13. Genesis 22:18...As Isaac's seed, will bless all nations...Galatians 3:16
14. Genesis26:2-5..The Seed of Isaac promised as the Redeemer..Hebrews11:18
15. Genesis 49:10...The time of His coming...Luke 2:1-7; Galatians 4:4
16. Genesis 49:10.......The Seed of Judah.......Luke 3:33
17. Genesis 49:10......Called Shiloh or One Sent......John 17:3
18. Genesis 49:10...To come before Judah lost identity...John 11:47-52
19. Genesis 49:10...To Him shall the obedience of the people be...John 10:16
20. Exodus 3:13,14........The Great "I Am".......John 4:26
21. Exodus 12:5...A Lamb without blemish...1 Pet. 1:19
22. Exodus 12:13...The blood of the Lamb saves Romans wrath...Romans. 5:8
23. Exodus 12:21-27...Christ is our Passover...1 Corinthians 5;7
24. Exodus 12:46...Not a bone of the Lamb to be broken...John 19:31-36
25. Exodus 13:2…Blessing to first born son…Luke 2:23
26. Exodus 15:2...His exaltation predicted as Yeshua...Acts 7:55,56
27. Exodus 15:11...His Character-Holiness...Luke 1:35; Acts 4:27
28. Exodus 17:6...The Spiritual Rock of Israel...1 Corinthians 10;4
29. Exodus 33:19...His Character-Merciful...Luke 1:72
30. Leviticus 14:11...The leper cleansed-Sign to priesthood..Luke5:12-14; Acts 6:7
31. Leviticus 16:15-17...Prefigures Christ's once-for-all death...Hebrews 9:7-14
32. Leviticus 16:27...Suffering outside the Camp...Matthew 27:33; Hebrews 13:11, 12
33. Leviticus 17:11...The Blood-the life of the flesh...Matthew 26;28; Mark 10:45
34. Leviticus 17:11...It is the blood that makes atonement...1 John 3:14-18
35. Leviticus 23:36-37...The Drink-offering: "If any man thirst." ..John 19:31-36
36. Numbers 9:12...Not a bone of Him broken...John 19:31-36
37. Numbers 21:9...The serpent on a pole-Christ lifted up...John 3:14-18
38. Numbers 24:8… Flight to Egypt…Matthew 2:14
39. Numbers 24:17...Time: "I shall see him, but not now."...Galatians 4:4
40. Numbers 24:17-19…A star out of Jacob…Matthew 2:2, Luke 1:33,78, Revelation 22:16
41. Deuteronomy 18:15..."This is of a truth that prophet."...John 6:14
42. Deuteronomy 18:15-16..."Had ye believed Moses, ye would believe me."...John 5:45-47
43. Deuteronomy 18:18...Sent by the Father to speak His word...John 8:28, 29
44. Deuteronomy 18:19...Whoever will not hear must bear his sin...John 12:15
45. Deuteronomy 21:13-23…As a prophet…John 6:14; 7:40, Acts 3:22,23
46. Deuteronomy 21:23...Cursed is he that hangs on a tree...Galatians 3:10-13
We have quite a few examples here. Jesus knew Moses well. During the Transfiguration - Jesus knew who was participating.
God closes the Five Books of Moses saying:
So the people of Israel obeyed him and did as the Lord had commanded Moses. 10 And there has not arisen a prophet since in Israel like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face, 11 none like him for all the signs and the wonders that the Lord sent him to do in the land of Egypt, to Pharaoh and to all his servants and to all his land, 12 and for all the mighty power and all the great deeds of terror that Moses did in the sight of all Israel.
One of the biggest signs of the Patriarchs of the Bible is the Sign of Jesus. The Willingness to find favor. The Mission of God to Save the World in His Desire to Hold us in His Arms, the idea, the completion of being a Blessing. The Surprising thing about the Blessing of Moses, he calls his testimony upon Jacob Israel. The Blessing of God is inclusion. For all the varied states of the Children of Jacob. Moses then adds his own Blessing in Father God.
Let's participate again in Moses Giving His Blessing:
1 This is the blessing with which Moses the man of God blessed the people of Israel before his death.
2 He said, "The LORD came from Sinai and dawned from Seir upon us; he shone forth from Mount Paran; he came from the ten thousands of holy ones, with flaming fire at his right hand.
3 Yes, he loved his people, all his holy ones were in his hand; so they followed in your steps, receiving direction from you, 4 when Moses commanded us a law, as a possession for the assembly of Jacob.
5 Thus the LORD became king in Jeshurun, when the heads of the people were gathered, all the tribes of Israel together.
6 "Let Reuben live, and not die, but let his men be few."
7 And this he said of Judah: "Hear, O LORD, the voice of Judah, and bring him in to his people. With your hands contend for him, and be a help against his adversaries."
8 And of Levi he said, "Give to Levi your Thummim, and your Urim to your godly one, whom you tested at Massah, with whom you quarreled at the waters of Meribah; 9 who said of his father and mother, 'I regard them not'; he disowned his brothers and ignored his children. For they observed your word and kept your covenant. 10 They shall teach Jacob your rules and Israel your law; they shall put incense before you and whole burnt offerings on your altar. 11 Bless, O LORD, his substance, and accept the work of his hands; crush the loins of his adversaries, of those who hate him, that they rise not again."
12 Of Benjamin he said, "The beloved of the LORD dwells in safety. The High God surrounds him all day long, and dwells between his shoulders."
13 And of Joseph he said, "Blessed by the LORD be his land, with the choicest gifts of heaven above, and of the deep that crouches beneath, 14 with the choicest fruits of the sun and the rich yield of the months, 15 with the finest produce of the ancient mountains and the abundance of the everlasting hills, 16 with the best gifts of the earth and its fullness and the favor of him who dwells in the bush. May these rest on the head of Joseph, on the pate of him who is prince among his brothers. 17 A firstborn bull--he has majesty, and his horns are the horns of a wild ox; with them he shall gore the peoples, all of them, to the ends of the earth; they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh."
18 And of Zebulun he said, "Rejoice, Zebulun, in your going out, and Issachar, in your tents. 19 They shall call peoples to their mountain; there they offer right sacrifices; for they draw from the abundance of the seas and the hidden treasures of the sand."
20 And of Gad he said, "Blessed be he who enlarges Gad! Gad crouches like a lion; he tears off arm and scalp. 21 He chose the best of the land for himself, for there a commander's portion was reserved; and he came with the heads of the people, with Israel he executed the justice of the LORD, and his judgments for Israel."
22 And of Dan he said, "Dan is a lion's cub that leaps from Bashan."
23 And of Naphtali he said, "O Naphtali, sated with favor, and full of the blessing of the LORD, possess the lake and the south."
24 And of Asher he said, "Most blessed of sons be Asher; let him be the favorite of his brothers, and let him dip his foot in oil. 25 Your bars shall be iron and bronze, and as your days, so shall your strength be.
26 "There is none like God, O Jeshurun [Jeshurun (Hebrew: יְשֻׁרוּן), or Yeshurun, is a poetic name for Israel used in the Hebrew Bible. It is generally thought to be derived from a root word meaning upright, just or straight, but may have been derived from שׁור, shur, to see, or may be a diminutive form of the word Israel], who rides through the heavens to your help, through the skies in his majesty. 27 The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms. And he thrust out the enemy before you and said, Destroy. 28 So Israel lived in safety, Jacob lived alone, in a land of grain and wine, whose heavens drop down dew. 29 Happy are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the LORD, the shield of your help, and the sword of your triumph! Your enemies shall come fawning to you, and you shall tread upon their backs."
In Love, faith and hope in the Wonder of Your Son Jesus Christ we shall see Jesus, all of us. We will live the Adventure of faith that all things work together for Good for those who love the Lord and work according to His Purpose.
We will know my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Thank You for answered prayers today. We continue to lift up those who have asked for healing. Thank You for my mother's ears, I lift up mine tied to eating and hearing. Remembering with great Gratitude, for prayers heard and answered.
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that
you have received it, and it will be yours.
In the abundance You are, we will put those we Love and the People You have given us. Knowing where we cannot, You are very able. And we lift up the Good Works You would have us walk in. Thanks be To God for Jesus. Amen.
♔ Lord Jesus Saves †