Reading Scripture helps us know God's Love. Every Bible verse is written for you. Jesus Christ is all mankind's Light. John 1!

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Psalm 35 ~ Say to my soul, “I am your salvation!” †




Psalm 35




Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me;
    fight against those who fight against me!
2 Take hold of shield and buckler
    and rise for my help!
3 Draw the spear and javelin
    against my pursuers!

Say to my soul,
    “I am your salvation!”

4 Let them be put to shame and dishonor
    who seek after my life!
Let them be turned back and disappointed
    who devise evil against me!

5 Let them be like chaff before the wind,
    with the angel of the Lord driving them away!
6 Let their way be dark and slippery,
    with the angel of the Lord pursuing them!

7 For without cause they hid their net for me;
    without cause they dug a pit for my life.
8 Let destruction come upon him when he does not know it!
And let the net that he hid ensnare him;
    let him fall into it—to his destruction!

9 Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord,
    exulting in his salvation.
10 All my bones shall say,
    “O Lord, who is like you,
delivering the poor
    from him who is too strong for him,
    the poor and needy from him who robs him?”

11 Malicious witnesses rise up;
    they ask me of things that I do not know.
12 They repay me evil for good;
    my soul is bereft.
13 But I, when they were sick—
    I wore sackcloth;
    I afflicted myself with fasting;
I prayed with head bowed on my chest.
14     I went about as though I grieved for my friend or my brother;
as one who laments his mother,
    I bowed down in mourning.

15 But at my stumbling they rejoiced and gathered;
    they gathered together against me;
wretches whom I did not know
    tore at me without ceasing;
16 like profane mockers at a feast,
    they gnash at me with their teeth.

17 How long, O Lord, will you look on?
    Rescue me from their destruction,
    my precious life from the lions!
18 I will thank you in the great congregation;
    in the mighty throng I will praise you.

19 Let not those rejoice over me
    who are wrongfully my foes,
and let not those wink the eye
    who hate me without cause.
20 For they do not speak peace,
    but against those who are quiet in the land
    they devise words of deceit.
21 They open wide their mouths against me;
    they say, “Aha, Aha!
    Our eyes have seen it!”

22 You have seen, O Lord; be not silent!
    O Lord, be not far from me!
23 Awake and rouse yourself for my vindication,
    for my cause, my God and my Lord!
24 Vindicate me, O Lord, my God,
    according to your righteousness,
    and let them not rejoice over me!
25 Let them not say in their hearts,
    “Aha, our heart's desire!”
Let them not say, “We have swallowed him up.”

26 Let them be put to shame and disappointed altogether
    who rejoice at my calamity!
Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor
    who magnify themselves against me!

27 Let those who delight in my righteousness
    shout for joy and be glad
    and say evermore,
“Great is the Lord,
    who delights in the welfare of his servant!”
28 Then my tongue shall tell of your righteousness
    and of your praise all the day long.








Matthew 11:29

Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, 
for I am 
gentle and lowly in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls.


Jesus repeated what God said to Moses:



Matthew 22:31-32 

And as for the resurrection of the dead, 
have you not read what was said to you by God:
 I am 
the God of Abraham, 
and the God of Isaac, 
and the God of Jacob? 

He is not God of the dead, 
but of the 
living.




Matthew 28:22b

Behold, I am with you always, 
to the end of the age. 




John 5:17

But Jesus answered them, 
"My Father is working until now, and 
I am working."




John 6:35

Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; 
whoever comes to Me shall not hunger, 
and whoever believes in Me shall never thirst."



John 6:51

I am the living bread that came down from heaven. 
If anyone eats of this bread, 
he will live forever. 
And the bread that 
I will give 
for the life of the world 
is 
My Flesh."




John 8:12

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, 
"I am 
the Light of the world. 
Whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness, 
but will have the Light of life."




John 8:18

I am 
the One who bears witness about 
Myself, 
and 
The Father Who sent Me 
bears witness 
about 
Me.




John 10:9


I am the door. 
If anyone enters by Me, 
he will be saved 
and 
will go in and out 
and 
find pasture.



John 10:11

I am the good shepherd. 
The good shepherd lays down His Life for the sheep.




John 10:14

I am the good shepherd. 
I know My Own and My Own know me.



John 10:38

If I do them [works], even though you do not believe Me, 
believe the works, that you may know 
and understand 
that the Father is in Me 
I am 
in the Father.



John 11:25

Jesus said to her, 
"I am 
the resurrection and the life. 
Whoever believes in Me, though he die, yet shall he Live."




John 12:32

And I, when 
I am 
lifted up from the earth, 
I will draw 
all people 
to myself.



John 14:6

Jesus said to him, 
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. 
No one comes to the Father 
except through 
Me.



John 15:1

"I am 
the true vine, 
and My Father is the vinedresser."




John 17:9

I am praying for them. 
I am not praying for the world 
but for those whom You have given Me, 
for they are 
Yours.




John 10:30 

The Father and I are one.




John 4:26

Jesus said to her, 
I who speak to you am 
He, Messiah, He who is called Christ.”




Mark 14:62

And Jesus said, 
"I am 
[the Christ, the Son of the Most Blessed] , 
and you will see 
The Son of Man 
seated at the Right Hand of Power, 
and 
coming with the clouds of Heaven."






Scripture is alive and well. Nothing about most Chapters of the Bible is without the reality of life.  We feel uncomfortable and ask God for Comfort. Help, Helper, Comfort, Comforter.

And this begins as we are toddlers, in 3rd grade, in 5th grade, Jr High. High School. I knew a teenage girl who was given a new car, dark blue, in High School. Assigned a parking space, and suddenly, her new car was marked everywhere. And it didn't stop. Her father drove into the parking lot, the High School parking lot and discovered, the teen with the assigned parking spot next to her. He had a nice car. Waited for her to leave and mercilessly got out with a knife, and put one inch marks all over the car.  Her father, ran top speed up to the teen, and yelled, "Why?"  It would turn out, the two teens didn't even know each other.  The unhappy, but not deeply guilty, boy said, "Because I can." Why?  "Because you can't stop me."  Not the best approach to an enraged adult. The teen was slammed against the car, by the adult and told if he did it again, he would be found in the parking lot with his skull fractured inside out.  Evidently, he could be stopped.

Threats and violence really don't work too well. So people resort to repeat behaviors and mind games.  With put downs. 

And we all have to deal with the moments we want to clench a fist. Yell a retort. And not feel the burn of unfair judgement. 

David is reminding us, there is good in life and there is evil. The evil doesn't really care what good does, as long as good slinks away.


John 10:14

I am 
the good shepherd. 
I know My own and My own know me.


The truth is we have the Light within us, and we are awake to what is meaningful. 
The people I know, who do what suits them, eventually have to deal with an empty life.  Nothing is built that is meaningful. 

Yes, we will be like David. 
We will see bridges burn and opportunities wash away. 
Because life rains on the just and the unjust. When we know we are the Child of God, we know a life well lived.  The Light of God radiates in us. Not like Homer Simpson's neighbor, who bings around, like a pinball game.  King David did not bing around like a drunken bumblebee. 






Life will offer regrets, but filling our lives with doing what is meaningful, is going to put Life in us.  When we Love and know Jesus, The Christ of God. He will be our Day. Our Daily Living Bread. What we see, what sustains us and fills us. He is the Helper and Comforter. He will be our Joy and Strength.



Edward and I have a family member who would be rejected by the marching suffragettes who patrolled cities and dove into drinking establishments. This family member was never going to be part of a sewing bee. And in reality, this person brought beauty whenever possible.  And giving was the joy of Living.  And so what is the sinner going to do when meeting Jesus Christ, as we all will. God, created and upholds all that is mystifying in Creation.  Scriptures tell us we all actually know there is GOD.  God has put Love in this family member's long departed heart. Living, today, heart.  Jesus meets this person. And as our family member passed on, we heard this familiar voice telling us all about seeing Hawaii and the beautiful party. The food was beyond compare and so astonishing.  

Heaven is the Kingdom of The Lord. Where God values mercy and joy and giving and beauty and kindness and applauding others with zeal with true affection, all from a heart flowing with Living Water.  A heart of Love. His own. 















I have another family member who calls me, and I suppose, I am their confessor.  I hear of the 50 colossal mistakes made. As I give comfort, this comfort is thrown down. This confessing one doesn't believe all of that.  

The banquet one family member would tell us of for a week,  is denied by another family member. And that is someone who lives as if you only go around once.  Misery pervades. It took decades to have all the 50 mental skeletons to arrive as bumper cars, but misery in The Lord, could be ushered out. Completely out.

The most angry, unhappy people are the people who do not believe Help, Helper, Comfort, Comforter.  And they build a bold life being what they would believe is admirable, but is not rewarding and not fulfilling and makes them afraid and angry.  Our family member, who won't believe, goes to all kinds of ghost walks and UFO things.  And I have a very frank relationship with this One. 

So, we were, very, dragged along to a ghost tour. And all the things fell apart.  It became rather funny.  Finally, I was released by my loved one, to quit!

When 
and with all the statements, of the guide, 
magically and deliciously, 
fell into the drink quickly.  

Abandoned buildings that had experienced horrors, had windows flew open, where no one dared to ever travel. The ruined empty downtown building. Suddenly, the window flies open, to say, "I just bought this place, It is Gorgeous, Come in!"  Then The Hotel, with 350 live ghosts, is a rebuild, miles from the original, and has been on the site for 12 years. Not 250 years of hotel work. 120 years out of business. The most haunted suite, no one will stay in, has all the lights turn on, and the people inside are having a party.  Laughing. Noise. Joy.

We went back to our vacation FRBO and had to laugh. 

It was too warm to travel around being lied to.  And I found out this was ghost tour 987 for my loved one. I said, but dear, you don't believe in life after death. No ghosts, honey pie. Why pursuit this when you say everyone everywhere is a dead animal. The Scriptures tell us we KNOW GOD exists. And my loved one said, Wow. Huh. 

I asked for the dichotomy explained. 

My loved one finally replied:"Because. Because. Because. Because. Ok, yes, there is a God. YES, THERE IS GOD!"

I yelled, "HOLD ON TO THIS MOMENT! NEVER LET THE TRUTH, THE TRUTH ABOUT GOD SLIP FROM YOU AGAIN!"

And like Ahab, God will remember!    1 Kings 21:25-29,2 Chronicles 33

We all have our dire moments and our shining moments.  

In the Love God puts in our hearts, we should rise up. 
Rise to do good. Want good for one another.  Shake it off. Shake it off. Shake it off.  Harm and ugliness occurs to us all.  The Lord God. If He can look at Ahab and find good, we can as well. Never accept what is unacceptable. Cause. Be the Cause, for others, to want to Rise Up. Stand Firm in The Lord. Laugh. Have Joy. Be at Peace. Even when those around you are mean because they simply quake within. 









Discomfort:

A fight, a spear, verbal or violent. Shame. Dishonor. Chaff. Dark. Slippery. A net. 

It's not just the intended victim in the darkness. It's the pursuer.  Darkness or Light,
we chose where we will stay.















Proverbs 31 says a woman in the Lord will laugh at the time to come. Dress her household in scarlet.  Yes, we can have our wobbles like the Disciples. And... still have this innate belief all will be well. And all manner of things will be well.  Return again and again to the Scriptures to see the endurance with Joy.





Goliath certainly expected to see fear in David. 
And I am sure he did. Goliath expected David to doubt himself. And David probably did. Goliath certainly expected to go home and gloat, seeing David's young form dead on the ground.  Had Goliath lived, Goliath was going to become someone who hid from the horrors he unleashed. Within himself. 






Even if your voice quakes, 
we can speak, stand, live for Goodness. We don't have to look like the movies to find the Win in The Lord. 






In the U.K, The 14th Century Black Plague is studied with lives affected.
Who lived and who died. One small town, the Church records a woman lost her husband, her 5 children. Her history is recorded in letters the town has today. She was given a time to go and do her best to dig a grave, by dragging the body in a potato sack, make sure the body was covered by dirt. Enough that wild dogs couldn't dig the body up. It was an appointment when the woman would be surrounded by new graves in the cemetery alone. No one would meet there, you would have the illness malaise in the air, to possibly catch. And as the last of her family and young children died, she knew she would starve on a farm without anyone to help harvest the farm products.

Her neighbor, he lost 7 children and his wife. She would see him dragging one of his family in the potato sack to the cemetery and find he, also, had no one left. They yell across the field that no one is there to harvest or eat the farm produce.  And within a month, they marry to live together. They would go on to have multiple children. And she finds, she misses those she loves, but new love arrives.  The Peace to Continue. Hope. Love. Faith.  









Church: Married, births, buried, Married. Died of very advanced old age, rare, yet, both spouses did. With many children and grandchildren. 

Believe in Help, Helper, Comfort, Comforter. Believed the Gifts God gives us in life are for Love, Living and Hope. 



No one, in Scriptures, has their life as a bowl of perfect events.  The endurance, the Hope, The Love. The Faith. These are the tools God Gives us. 





Say to my soul,  “I am your salvation!”


Abba, Father,

Our Father, Who is in Heaven

Come to us, Father. 

Come to us, Holy Spirit. 

Come to us, Jesus Christ.



Help us
each day

to see the Joy and Adventure

Jesus Christ sees

in John 14, 15, 16 and John 17.

To Be more Heaven on earth
To see more Heaven on earth
To say more Heaven on earth.
and
to Bless more Heaven on earth.
Every Day.

Like Mammaw
and Mom!


Each day to
promote what is Good
what is Heavenly
what is a Blessing.


Father, in Heaven, Thank You,
Abide 
in every moment
 of our Lives.

The Lord God
Father of All

Saving the world
One moment at a time!!!

Eternally.



The Safety of 
one
who has faithfully
served this Nation.
And is Loved. 



Thank God,
for His Healing,
for your prayers, Kurt,
the worthy doctor, we prayed for
had to come home from brain West Nile rehab
due to Hurricane Beryl.
Kurt
 is back walking, sitting, 
climbing the stairs
and eating. 
Since coming home as bedridden in rehab
to home to
his wonderful family and beloved wife.
God is GOOD!
Jesus is GOOD!
The Holy Spirit is GOOD!



Eternal God, 
in whose perfect Kingdom no sword is drawn
but the sword of righteousness, 
no strength known but the
strength of Love: 

So mightily spread abroad your Spirit, 
that
All
peoples 
may be gathered under the banner 
of the Prince of Peace,
Jesus Christ

As children 
of one Father; 
to Whom be dominion 
and
glory, now and forever. 
Amen.








Thank You. Jesus.

Our God is working. His Son,
Jesus is working.
Amen.




♔ Lord Jesus Saves †












YES, Bless the Lord Jesus


Thank You, Jesus


Thank You, Jesus







No comments:


Subscribe your email for Scripture for Today Blogspot

Subscribe your email for Scripture for Today Blogspot

Our Google Language Translator is located at the bottom of the page.



Nuestro Google Traductor del Idioma es ubicado en el pie de página.

हमारे गूगल भाषा अनुवादक पृष्ठ के तल पर स्थित है.


Наш язык переводчик Google находится в нижней части страницы

は、Googleの言語の翻訳は、ページの下部に位置しています。


Το Google μας Language Translator βρίσκεται στο κάτω μέρος της σελίδας.

我们的谷歌语言翻译是位于页面底部。


우리의 구글 언어 번역기는 페이지의 하단에 위치하고 있습니다.

About scripture-for-today.blogspot.com/

We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He has saved all who call upon His name and rely on Him for His Grace. The Scriptures are living & active and are for understanding the Lord Almighty. Biblical readings are chosen from the Ecumenical Christian Church and the Nicene Council, 325 A.D., approved Apocrypha. People remember not just from reading, but by sight and orally- an image has been added as well as audio readings. God tends to link the passages together with fascinates - this blogger, Anne-Laurel Gardere

A simple blog, scripture-for-today.blogspot

This blog is pretty simple, but for a reason. This blog isn't about agenda or me, it is for the joy and love to found by reading the Scriptures. Ultimately, it is you and the Lord.

The Scriptures are Father God's letter to you. He wanted you to know more, to know He loves you.

Thanks for Joining us today!!!


Google Views are not availabile and stopped about 2015 at 8.4 Million Readers. All counters count differently

http://scripture-for-today.blogspot.com.pagesstudy.com/

2015
Alexa ranks the World ranking

Global Rank:
6,017,777

Reach Rank:
5,197,729



Search This Blog ~ http://scripture-for-today.blogspot.com/ - Results will be at the Top

About Me

My photo
Email registry at bottom.! “All Scripture is inspired by God” (2 Timothy 3:16). Men “moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God” (2 Peter 1:21). The Holy Spirit carried men along, moving and guiding them as they wrote in their own words what God wanted them to say. The Bible is unique; comprised of 80 separate books, & written over a period of thousands of years by more than 40 writers with one Author, spanning the centuries, different states of peace & war & different situations in life. The Bible answers the question: of who is God, who is man & what can their relationship can be. Although the Bible was written on perishable material and copied by hand for many centuries, its accuracy is not in doubt, proven by Dead Sea Scrolls and papyrus from 2,000 years. The Bible has survived persecution & criticism to be read with great interest in each generation. The Bible gives witness to the greatness of the Creator. A loving Father concerned for all of his creation. With each verse of the bible witnessing to God is love and the multitude & vastness of His attributes. The Bible was written for you. <><

Share the artist's name!

Share the artist's name!
Jesus, the Good Shepherd. If you see a painting or photo on this blog, know who the artist is, and I didn't, please email me: holdenll@hotmail.com



New Posts by Subject Matter

Overcoming



The World Changed Rapidly after the first Easter

Our God of All





Posts by Subject Matter





Blessings, Anne-Laurel





Who Jesus Is
1 Timothy 1:1-11 ~ God our Savior, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope
Matthew 16:13-20 ~ who do people say the Son of Man is?

Good News for us to remember and Think Upon
Animals are found in Heaven ~ 6 Prophets See Animals in Heaven

Anger, Jealousy=Trouble




The Bible explains the Bible, Prophetically

Bible - in your hand, today

Bible Accuracy



Blessing







Blessing our Father God

Blessing - unaware

Boundaries

Brothers
Christmas - His Word Upholds the Universe - December 25th


Psalm 135 ~ who is in your midst
John 1:1-14, 16, 29-51 ~ He was in the world

Details - Putting it all together and discovering it is about God

Psalm 108 ~ In triumph I will parcel out Shechem

Determine your own path, just love Him

Judges 16 ~ like any other man
John 4:43-54 ~ Doing what Jesus says


Earthquake

Every Day, Still Today
Today, Yesterday, Tomorrow


Exodus - History












Heavenly Hosts
His Messengers of Light












Elements of Nature Displaying HIS Glory
Exodus 40:16-38 ~ In the first month in the second year, on the first day of the month, the tabernacle was erected.

I Decide What is Right and Wrong - God noticed this in the Garden of Eden from Eve

Individualism and Groups

It's the End of the World as We Know it, And I Feel Fine. (One of our most read posts.)
Grandpa - The Bible is Really the Life Story of People and
their Abba









Gates of Heaven


Gifts of God, all of us


Giving - God certainly is





























Glory


God sees His Creation as Good!!!


Gravity






















Good Friday

Gossip

Gratitude

Greatest

Grief, Forgiveness, Homecoming


Hated Emotion - Fear




































History - Is There History Showing Jesus was Alive - VERY EXTENSIVE HISTORY

Holiness


Holy Spirit ~ Manifestations

Homeward Bound, still a sojourner

Honey, Do this

Invitation
John 3:31-36 ~ that God is true

Israel - Destroyed Completely and Rebuilt. A sign of Jesus. Existing today.

Jesus clearly put a Foundation for His Resurrection to be Believed by the Multitudes of all of Israel and the Nations

Jesus and His Childhood Privacy
Nazareth - What Jesus did See Growing Up

John the Beloved Disciple


The Journey of Joseph


























Live It
Psalm 117 ~ Praise the Lord
Psalm 82 ~ rescue the weak and the needy
2 Samuel 4:1-12 ~ David answered
Hebrews 12 ~ Thankful
Psalm 31:3-8,17-21 ~ Thou hast redeemed me
Isaiah 40:1-11 ~ His reward is with Him
Matthew 13:31-32 ~ the birds of the air come and perch in its branches
Matthew 6:25-34 ~ your heavenly Father knows that you need
Luke 11:29-32 ~ Rise up
Psalm 126 ~ shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves
Luke 14:15-24 ~ there is still room
Joshua 1:1-9 ~ I am giving
Acts 5 ~ speak in the name of Jesus
John 1 ~ the Light shines
John 3:5-8 ~ born again
~ they went on from there and passed through Galilee
Judges 20 ~ Israel

Losing a Loved One - Passing ON

Revelation 21:22-27 ~ those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life

Not Being Tossed Back and Forth with Emotion
Ephesians 4 ~ speaking the truth in Love

Marriage
Romans 7:1-12 ~ bear fruit for God
1 Corinthians 7 ~ For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband
Genesis 37:12-24 ~ when Reuben
Psalm 143 ~ Your steadfast love
Psalm 86 ~ For great is your steadfast love

Media... taking it down the path
1 Corinthians 10 ~ Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God





Mercy, an Inseparable Component of Truth
Matthew 23:23-26 ~ clean
1 Samuel 12 ~ serve the Lord with all your heart
Matthew 22:34-40 ~ The great and first commandment. And a second is like it

Miscellaneous
Job 38 ~ Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
Psalm 19 ~ the heavens declare the glory of God
2 Kings 5:1-15 ~ a mighty man of valor, but he was a leper
1 Chronicles 13 ~ the Lord blessed the household of Obed-edom










Peace




Pharisee ~ Religion
Luke 11:42-46 ~ Woe to you Pharisees!


Pictorial Images of the 12 Tribes of Israel








Picture It


















Overcoming, with God's help!


Positive Attitude in Trouble




Prophets - the Law and the Old Men in Robes or People who Love the Lord. Flaws and Virtues. What They Sought in the Lord and What Drew Them to Him.



Praise



























Prayer

Psalm 91 ~ Prayer is always heard, God has an open door policy



Prayer Needs




Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words

Promises

Prosperity Gospel











Repeat and Repeat







Rest

Restore

Revelation 8:2
Seven Angels who stand before God

Revisionist History - Moses and Jeremiah said
there would be days like this
Deuteronomy 8
Jeremiah 23


Rock


SALVATION! What is needed?

Science - Blinded me - No - He Who Opens the Eyes of the Blind - With Science!!!

Second (3rd or 4th) Rate Seventh Level of Heaven

Seventh Level of Heaven







Shepherd

Smile!



Time Management





Life and Travels of Paul

Shroud

Transfiguration



True
The World Changed Rapidly after the first Easter



Trust Him

Uncomfortable Scripture

Video Game Player

Visual







Who is like our God?

Willingly

Works and Grace
Mark 1:4-11 ~ You are my beloved Son; with You I am well pleased

Worry

Wrathful, Nasty Old God from the Old Testament

Yahweh




Years - Thousands of Them are Yesterday in His Sight


80 Books of the Bible
Holy Spirit Approved by the First Council Nicaea and St. Nicholas
Included by the Essenes in the Dead Sea Scrolls
Today included by the Catholic Church
God wants to save the world.
The Apocrypha has Purpose; other cultures blend here.





Popular Posts

Pages

Web Crawler Reference Words

Reading Scripture helps us know God's Love. Every Bible verse is written for you. Jesus Christ is all mankind's Light. John 1!

Jesus is LORD. Read your Bible Daily. Scripture for Today. Reading the Scriptures helps us know God's love. Every verse of the Bible is written for you.

God's mission is to save the world. He is recognized by His Love. God of Love. God of encouragement. Christianity, Bible, Bible Daily, Scripture, Messiah, Prayer, Faith, Hope, Love, Miracles.Jesus

Blog Archive